Users of TC2TR on V3 hardware shall upgrade their firmware to V5.8
Users of MIDI2TR with UDP support on V3 hardware shall upgrade to V5.7
A critical bug has been found in the previous releases of these two firmware. The RTP-MIDI versions are not impacted by this bug.
If you are searching for a reliable (show) control network solution,
the Kiss-Box line
of data communication products is the answer.
Why should one bother to connect different appliances each on its
own infrastucture, when there is an easy solution?
Connect it all to one structure: the network.
The Kiss-Box makes this possible by providing an interface to the network for most appliances.
• Most of the time, no need for extra infrastructure (Ethernet is omnipresent)
• No distance limits
• Easy installation/configuration
• Easy maintenance
• And, of course : cost effective!
And there is more:
• No need for a separate power cable because Kiss-Box uses Power Over Ethernet
• Kiss-Box delivers unique flexibility for Ethernet installations and makes data network
• Kiss-Box MIDI products are based on the RTP-MIDI open standard (natively integrated in Mac OS-X and iOS), supporting multiple sessions (with intrinsic merging capabilities).
These products also support "Bonjour" service, for Plug&Play operation
• Kiss-Box MIDI products support Bonjour protocol, offering Plug&Play capabilities
• All new Kiss-Box products are "MMA HD" ready and support this new powerful protocol
• Kiss-Box provides
the flexibility to use MIDI, DMX, Serial, Inputs/Outputs (Analog, Digital ...), Time Code and any other kind of signal you can dream of over a single Ethernet network. The high speed embedded
processor, associated with a specific real-time operating system makes the Kiss-Box an extremely fast and reactive control unit.
• A typical Kiss-Box based control system consists of 1 or more Kiss-Boxes, a network and a Computer running control
software. However, most of the units can also be used in
a "Peer-to-Peer" setup, to pipeline data across a network.
• Control software can be any type of existing third party IP based software.
• A Kiss-Box can be configured to work with standard IP based protocols (e.g ArtNet, ETC Net, RTP) or,
third party software can implement the Kiss-protocol to communicate with the Kiss-Box
• The free Kiss-Box Editor software provides additional programming functions as well as monitoring information.